Our Capabilities - Groundwater
Geoscience Australia is committed to providing hydrogeological research, information and advice to the Australian Government, state and territory governments and the Australian public.
- Undertaking groundwater research to inform the national understanding of location, quality, quantity and sustainable use of Australia’s groundwater resources
- Working with government agencies to identify the impacts of development and climate change on Australia’s groundwater resources
Capabilities in action
Some examples of how we have and are delivering these capabilities include:
- Broken Hill Managed Aquifer Recharge Project
- Palaeovalley Groundwater Resources Project
- A National Scale Vulnerability Assessment of Seawater Intrusion Project
- Ord Valley Airborne Electromagnetic Interpretation Project
- Sustainable Management of Coastal Groundwater Resources Project
- East Timor Groundwater Project
- Assessing the need to revise the National Water Quality Management Strategy Guidelines for Groundwater Protection in Australia
- 3D hydrogeologic model for the Condamine Alliance.
Topic contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Last updated: April 2, 2013