Mineral Exploration Promotion Section
Geoscience Australia aims to facilitate increased exploration expenditure in Australia by promoting both the benefits of exploring in Australia and the geoscience information available to reduce exploration risk.
The Mineral Exploration Promotion section aims to encourage investment in mineral exploration and discovery of mineral resources in Australia by increasing the awareness of mineral exploration opportunities. Section activities include technical presentations and exhibitions at selected major national and international mineral exploration and mining conferences, and targeted releases of scientific reports, maps and datasets that highlight Australia’s mineral resource potential.
Geoscience Australia's mineral exploration promotional activities are undertaken in partnership with the State and Northern Territory Geological Surveys as well as agencies with responsibility for mining and exploration.
The program is coordinated through the Exploration Investment and Geoscience Working Group (EIGWG) , of the Standing Council on Energy and Resources . EIGWG has developed a National Mineral Exploration Strategy .
Comprehensive information for investors in mineral and petroleum exploration and development is available from:
- Department of Resources, Energy and Tourism (RET)
- Australian Trade Commission
- Australian Mines Atlas
- Increased global awareness of mineral exploration opportunities in Australia
- Enhance global attractiveness of Australian exploration opportunities
- Generate an increased awareness of mineral exploration opportunities in Australia and of the pre-competitive geoscience information available to support mineral exploration in Australia.
Featured maps, reports and downloads
- Uncovering Australia's mineral resource potential: Hidden treasures - presentation by Dr Andy Barnicoat
- National Geoscientific Data for Explorers - poster
- Geoscientific datasets and reports for mineral exploration
Recent mineral exploration promotion activity
- PDAC 2013, Toronto, Canada, March 2013
- Mineral Exploration Seminar, Beijing, China, November 2012
- China Mining, Tianjin, China, November 2012
- Australia-Japan Mineral Exploration Investment Seminar, Tokyo, Japan, November 2012
- Mining 2012, Brisbane, Australia, November 2012
- Association of Mining and Exploration (AMEC), Perth, Australia, September 2012
- Federation of Indian Mineral Industries Conference, Bangalore, India, September 202
- Diggers and Dealers, Kalgoorlie, Australia, September 2012
- Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada (PDAC) Convention 2012, Toronto, Canada, 4-7 March 2012
- Mineral Investment Seminar, Vancouver, Canada, March 2012
- Diggers and Dealers, Kalgoorlie, Australia August 2013
- Federation of Indian Mineral Industries Conference, Bangalore, India, September 2013
- Mineral Exploration Seminar, Beijing, China, October 2013
- China Mining, Tianjin, China, November 2013
- Australia-Japan Mineral Exploration Investment Seminar, Tokyo, Japan, November 2013
- Australia-South Korea Exploration Investment Seminar, Seoul, South Korea, November 2013
- Mining 2012, Brisbane, Australia, November 2013
- Association of Mining and Exploration (AMEC), Perth, Australia, September 2013
Topic contact: email@example.com Last updated: May 17, 2013