Data Standards and Symbols
- Geoscience Data Standards
- Spatial Data Dictionary
- Best practice manual for gravity surveys includes data interchange standard for point data.
Symbols and colours for geological maps
- Standard geological map colours [ZIP 765KB]
In the 1980s, Geoscience Australia's predecessor, the Bureau of Mineral Resources (BMR), published an Australian standard colour scheme for geological maps. However, the increasing complexity of geological maps published in recent years has meant that maintaining a single colour scheme for all geological maps is no longer practical. The BMR colour scheme may, however, be applied to some geological maps as a rough guide.
- Symbols used on geological maps
- Marker and lineset [ArcInfo format ZIP 1MB]
- Pattern and colour shadesets [ArcInfo format ZIP 4MB]
- Arcview AVP and ArcGIS geoscience style symbols for PC platform [ZIP 4MB]
Topic contact: email@example.com Last updated: May 31, 2012