The Geoscience Australia building is a purpose built geoscientific research facility situated in the Canberra suburb of Symonston.
The site consists of two buildings. The main building provides for:
- general office, open plan and layout space
- laboratories (including geochronology, hydrogeochemistry, organic geochemistry, inorganic geochemistry, paleontology and sedimentology)
- public access to the foyer and reception, where you can see a superb collection of world-class minerals, rocks, fossils, geoscience maps and historical equipment (opening hours 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday, except public holidays)
- Offshore Acreage Release Data Room
- Sales Centre
- Education Centre
- Café Rocco.
- special purpose storage facilities for a vast collection of scientific data, rock, mineral and core samples
- workshops supporting field activities
- cool rooms
- mineral separation facilities and
- rock crushing activities.
Topic contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Last updated: May 31, 2012