Earth Science Week 2014
"Earth’s connected systems"
Geoscience Australia will again be hosting Australia's Earth Science Week celebrations and aligning activities with the international theme, "Earth’s connected systems”.
Earth Science Week aims to engage young people and others in exploring ways that geoscience illuminates natural change processes. By understanding the interactions of Earth’s systems – geosphere, hydrosphere, atmosphere and biosphere – Earth science helps us manage our greatest challenges.
Geoscience Australia is conducting its annual photography competition - Top GeoShot and will announce the winners during Earth Science Week.
For more information or if you would like an Australian Earth Science Week 2014 poster or would like to register an Australian Earth Science Week 2014 event please contact email@example.com.
What are the aims of Earth Science Week?
The objectives are to:
- Provide students with new opportunities to discover the earth sciences
- highlight the contributions of earth science to our lives
- pass on the message that earth science is all around us
- encourage stewardship of the Earth through an understanding of earth science
- provide opportunities for geoscientists to share their knowledge and enthusiasm about Earth
- have fun!
What can you do?
Organise a special activity at your school or celebrate Earth Science Week with:
- A geoscience activity day
- scientific demonstrations
- photographic displays
- library displays
- earth science artwork displays
- science project displays
- teacher workshops
- public lectures.
To register an event or for more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Topic contact: email@example.com Last updated: March 28, 2014